If in doubt:
- do the right thing. (For example: If you think about gambling or not, the right way is not to play.)
- If there is more than one right thing to do, let your heart decide.
- If your heart leaves you with more than one choice, take the one which leaves the most future options.
- If this still does not help (perhaps because you cannot see which one is best for future) then take the one which gives things a different direction.
- If there are still more than one possible new direction, choose a random one (by tossing a coin or a dice).
In all circumstances:
- You can ask others for help or hints. But it's not those people who take over the decision for you, it stays your own decision! However perhaps the people will show you more choices you were unable to see.
- And finally, think about the decision. If you cannot live with it, leave it. In this case, you do not need to replace it by another one, just wait a bit, perhaps the perspections change. However, if you decide to live with it, then stick by it, in all circumstances.